Cold weather is here and a warm bath is the perfect nightcap to a long day. Read on for our favourite (EASY!) ways to brighten your bathwater!
- Cucumber/Lemon Bath:
This is as easy as it sounds. Cut up fresh slices of lemon and 1 Double Diamond English Cucumber, add them to your bath water, and voila! Your spa-quality bath is ready in minutes.
→ Lemons help to detoxify, even skin tone and relax muscles while cucumbers aid in rejuvenation and the appearance of younger looking skin.
2. Homemade Cucumber Mint Epsom Salts:
Mix Epsom salts with fresh cucumber and mint to create this refreshing and natural bath soak. This option requires a few more steps but is well worth it. Plus- if you make a large batch you can divide it into cute containers/mason jars and give as gifts for the upcoming holiday season!
→ Mint is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and also helps to soften and calm dry or itchy skin.
- Prepare ingredients: wash mint leaves, wash and peel 1/2 of a Double Diamond English Cucumber (only use the skin)
- Mix with as much epson salt as you choose (the less salt to fresh mint/cucumber ratio the more of a nice green color the salt will take on)
- Blend in a food processor or blender
- Scoop as much as you like into your bath and ENJOY!
3. Homemade Cucumber Face Mask
OK- this isn’t a bath tip but a cucumber face mask works wonders while you are soaking in the tub!
→ The lactic acid in yogurt will help dissolve dead skin and tighten pores.
Puree 1/2 a cucumber with 1 tbsp plain/natural yogurt. (You can also add a small amount of olive oil to the mixture if you have dry skin). Apply the mixture all over face and neck and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse and reveal fresh looking skin!
If you make your own variation or take a pic please share with us on our Facebook page or tag @DoubleDiamondFarms on instagram!